Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. We had a fabulous weekend in KC! The only thing that kept it just short of perfect the fact that Josh wasn't able to join us.

2. The kids and I had a great breakfast with Kari, Allison, and baby Drake (who by the ways is freakin adorable!). I wish it could have lasted many more hours, because the three of us could talk and catch up for days! It amazes me that here we are, entering our thirties, married, kids, and we still have the connection with each other that we did 15 years ago. Life keeps us busy and we can go months without talking, but its a friendship that picks up right where we left it at, because of that, it is truly valued.

3. Malakai and Leila spent ALL DAY Saturday with Mama and Papa Miller. The had an absolute blast! I know I've said this before, but my children are truly blessed with wonderful grandparents. I love that all I have to do is even mention any of their names and their little faces just light up. Thanks Mama and Papa for the great day!

4. The purpose of this trip to KC was to see my little sister Kiera participate in the musical Cinderella. She is definitely a S.T.A.R.! I am so proud of her!! She totally rocked it and I look forward to watching her in many more throughout the years.

5. Recently, Colleen posted a blog which you can see by going here. As a mother, I knew exactly how she felt while writing this blog and her friend Claire gave some amazing advice! I LOVE Claire line of advice! "My RESPONSE is MY RESPONSIBILITY" What a great line to live by! This leads me to number 6...

6. Malakai tested me tonight for the first time in a REALLY long time! Not to go into long, boring, details, but it went a little like this. Josh coaches his baseball team and it was my night to be in charge of snacks. As I was handing them out to all 15 kids while lined up patiently, Malakai realizes the snack is Scooby Snacks. At this point he starts screaming and crying that he HATES Scooby Snacks....IN...MY...FACE! I immediately thought....My response, is my responsibility. We all know, initially, I wanted to drop what I was doing and drag his skinny, little bottom to the car, and from there....use your imagination. Instead, I looked him in the eye, told him I suggest he just stop talking before he digs himself a deeper hole and remove himself from my presence. I ended up dealing with the outburst later when I didn't have 10 other kids still waiting for their snack. I was totally humiliated by his behavior!! OMG! I'm sure you have all experienced this (or not if you have a perfect child) and you just want to crawl under a rock!

7. I WON!! I won a blog giveaway over on Kate's blog!! How cool is that?! I never win anything!! The prize is a $25 gift certificate to Build-A-Bear!! I am SO excited!! Thank you Kate!

8. Josh painted while I was in KC! This is the kind of painting I love! I leave, the walls are white, I return and they are a beautiful Allspice. It's like the painting fairy came :) We still have several rooms to do, but it is a start!

9. One of my Best Friends, Autumn is going to be my neighbor!!!! Hopefully....I hope I'm not jinxing anything. Her and her husband have a contract on a house just one street over from us! How exciting is that?! So cool!!!!!

10. Every time I watch Glee, I cry. I can't help it! I'm a total sucker for that kind of stuff. It just makes me think that in my next life I am going to be a star on Broadway....

XOXO,

No comments: