Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


You'll probably notice a trend in my meal planning....everything is EASY!! Sometimes I am able to be a little more creative when Josh is off, but for the most party, easy is the key word. After work, I pick up Malakai from school and walk in the door about 5:30. My kids are foaming at the mouth by 6:00. Of course I spend the first 15 giving hugs and kisses and talking to Sarah about Leila's day, so, I have to be speedy!! I try to prep in the evening or pre-cook all my meats on Sunday to give me a leg up :)

Monday: Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Verde
Black Beans
Rice
I didn't get to this last week but I am very excited about it!!

Tuesday: Grilled Malibu Chicken
Baked Beans
Pasta Salad
How good does this look? Josh is home on Tuesdays, which makes that a great grilling day for him! I emailed him this recipe and told him it was on the menu this week, all ingredients are on hand, I have no doubt that he will pull through :)

Wednesday: Ravioli in Spinach Alfredo Sauce
Salad
Bread Sticks
I'm really pushing the envelope on this one, but we will see how the kids do :)

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner
French Toast
Sausage
Fresh Fruit

Friday: Volleyball Night....Pizza

Saturday: Left Over Buffet

Sunday: Tex-Mex Beef Barbecues
Corn on the Cob
Salad

Happy Monday Everyone!! Have an Excellent Week!!
I'm linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an organizing Junkie

XOXO,

3 comments:

Colleen said...

You and Josh could have a "stay in" date night after the kids go to bed and cook up a bunch of freezer meals, that way all you would have to do is turn your crock pot on in the morning or toss something in the oven when you walk in the door, maybe even Sarah could do it?! Some ideas: sloppy joe meat, taco meal, Swiss stuffing chicken, mustard chicken tenders, lasagna, enchiladas. Something to think about! I know it doesn't compare to a night on the town with martinis, but it can be fun :-)

Karissa said...

What a fabulous idea!! That stuff sounds YUM-0!!

I was actually just doing some research on freezer cooking! I could never do it before because I didn't have the space, but now I have an extra freezer! Very exciting!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yummy looking menu especially the cheesy chicken enchilada verde!