Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Well, my dad was in town last week for French Dip Sandwich night and he said it was the BEST meal he had in a long time :) I think it still freaks him out a little to see the domestic side of me. It's kind of cute.


Monday: I got this recipe out of a "5 Ingredient" Cook book I had laying around....we will see how it turns out!


Upside Down Pizza Casserole -


1.5 lbs lean ground beef

1 (15 oz) can Italian-style tomato sauce

1.5 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1 (10 oz) pkg refrigerated biscuits


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Flatten each biscuit with your hand; arrange biscuits on top of cheese. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Yields 5 servings.


Tuesday:


Taco Salads


Wednesday: Cinco De Mayo


Seems that the Taco Salads should be tonight, but I have a work thingy so J is on his own. So in this case it means Hot Dogs on the grill, Mac & Cheese, and Fresh Fruit.


I'm sure J and I will share some Margaritas when I get home :)


Thursday:


Sausage and Rice with Biscuits


I don't even know where this recipe came from, but it has been made in my family for years and my kids LOVE it!!


2 boxes Uncle Ben's Chicken Flavor Rice

1lb ground sausage (we like it a little spicy)

1 can biscuits


Brown Sausage/drain

Cook Rice as Directed on the box

Mix Sausage and Rice together

Serve in a bowl with biscuits on the side


That's all there is to it! I'm telling you, its AMAZING!!!


Friday: Eat Out/Family Night


Saturday:


Chicken Fettuccine/Salad/Garlic Bread


I realize this has been on the menu for a few weeks now and I have never gotten to it....hmmm, hopefully this week.


Sunday:





I hope everyone has a great week!!! I am linked at I'm an Organizing Junkie!!
XOXO,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so funny.

I am tired and I wish I had a good book right now too. :)

Hey where did you guys end up moving?? Or did you??