Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

1. I desperately need new clothes! There was a time in my life when I would have never said this. But, it is true. Ever since my 44 day hiatus from shopping, I've completely stopped shopping for myself. I am bored with my work clothes and I am bored with my casual clothes. What is a girl to do?

2. At Malakai's end of school celebration, his class is putting on the Three Little Pig Opera. Apparently there are several "parts" in the play and he did not receive one of them. He probably never would have even told me about it, but I found out about the "parts" and asked him about them. All he said is that he wanted one, but didn't get picked. I would love to know how they went about picking these parts. Was it at random? Did they try-out? I would never be the type to call and say "Why didn't MY child get picked?" but I would like to know the process of picking 4 and 5 year olds for "parts" What would you do?

3. I came across The ABC's of Living Simply not too long ago and thought I would share. I ended up printing these out on 4X6 cardstock and hole-punching them and hooking them all together with yarn to keep in my car. They give a great message and have really helped me find my center when finding my center has been difficult :)



Here is an example if you don't feel like looking at the entire site....

"Having a good attitude makes living simply - or living at all - that much easier. When we choose to do something and have a good attitude in the process it's easier to persevere through any challenges that arise. Why do you want to live simply? Are you excited about the prospect of learning to say no, adding balance to your life, finding and preserving some empty space on your calendar? Choosing to live simply can be an exciting adventure or a journey you'd rather not take - it's all in your attitude. So as you get up each morning, take some time to think about your attitude for the day. Will it be good or bad? Will you choose to complain about what you don't have, or to be grateful for the gifts God has given you? Make up your mind as the day begins. The choice is up to you."


4. J is working on Mother's Day...Blah! I should be used to this, but every year I think, maybe this year will be different. I understand why he does, it just sucks.


5. Speaking of J, he is amazing! He was home with Leila all day today, and had Malakai half the day as well and managed to paint the kitchen, do major yard-work and still have both kids ready to go to baseball practice when I got home, in which he coaches! Love him!


6. I was totally bored with American Idol this week.


7. Glee definitely made up for what American Idol lacked!


8. I should really add some pics to this post, but I am way to lazy right now to get up and get my camera. It will have to wait till next time :)


9. I realize this is a totally boring TonT. I apologize for that. My mind is totally blank right now and all I can really think about is curling up in my bed and sleeping for days.


10. Anyone have any good books they have read lately? I am in
major need of some new reads. I like a variety, so suggest anything you love!!


XOXO,

4 comments:

Heather said...

That really upsets me about the PIG OPERA!! I don't think I would just sit by and not ask questions. Maybe they did not even notice they left him out?

I want to see some pictures of Josh coaching..... I would really like to make it back for a game :) My J and I were actually talking about comming in for a quick in and out visit. I am in need of some family time. It has been way to LONG... and I find myself getting more and more emotional about it :( Sooooo send me a schedule :)

Miss you all (((((( HUGS)))))))

Jennifer Weworski said...

As a teacher of 4,5 & 6 year olds who does 2 programs a year, I think it is unforgivable that a teacher would have a program without a part for every child (I have 9 English Language Learners and even have parts for them. BTW I work at Katie's school.

Unknown said...

I am retarded I totally commented on your other post. SMILE

Sarah McK said...

First off....what's a girl to do? Head to the mall, of course.

Secondly, as for the pig opera, you were a teacher, so I'm sure you get that as much as you'd like to you can't let every child get every great opportunity. You said there were "parts." Is that the "leads" and the rest are chorus? Once again, sadly, not everyone can be a lead. I am surprised that there wasn't information send home about some sort of auditions or something if this is a big end of the year deal. The bottom line in my mind is, it sucks that Malaki is bummed and doesn't have a leading role, but teachers make mistakes and can't let every kid do everything. I suspect that Malaki is one of the brightest and most gregarious of his classmates, so he probably gets a lot of attention, special treatment, and opportunities regularly through the school year. If you REALLY want to know I would ask a PARENT (of another non-lead kid), not the teacher who may feel defensive. Something to the effect of, "Isn't this a cute idea? I hadn't even heard a thing about it until ______. Do you know how they cast the roles? Malaki never tells me anything." That's my (lenghty) two cents.

As for books, I remember that you liked The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society like I did. I am also currently obsessed with "These is My Words." Crummy title, ugly cover, ok book jacket description....AMAZING book! It kept being recommended to me so I finally read it and LOVED it! I also love any historical fiction novel by Phillipa Gregory---always juciy, love the Tudors books! The Hunger Games is also an engaging and quick read.