Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boston, Day 4

Why does it seem like I am just as tired in the mornings here as I am at home? I swear. I seriously thought I would come here and it would be so easy to get up in the mornings because I wouldn't be as exhausted as I am at home. NOT TRUE! Regardless, getting up in the morning is not easy! Not to mention, there is nothing like your own bed. That's for sure!

I ventured out tonight with a couple of the girls in class and went to dinner at Tavolino. It was fabulous!! I had the Salmon which was to die for and a spectacular Chocolate Rasberry Martini. The conversation was nice and it felt good to get away from the hotel for an evening. We are all in the same situation which makes it really easy to relate to.

Malakai made it to Kansas City this evening. They are leaving for Orlando in the morning and he is beyond excited!! He can not wait to see Mickey and everything else. He has strict instructions from Leila to by her a Belle doll, it should be interesting what he comes home with. He is also going on a fishing excursion with my dad and the other "men" on the trip which he is very excited about as well. I can't wait to hear about all his adventures. One of the things I love about the private school he goes to is the close-knit community. People seem to truly care about everyone and it is such a nice feeling. Well today, his class did a blessing for him to have safe travels while he is gone. When I asked him what the blessing entailed, he said everyone in the class put their hand on him and Mrs. Morrow "talked." SO CUTE!!!

No Skype call tonight, J is still driving back from dropping off Malakai. He has his mom with him now, so he should have a pretty smooth week with all of her help. Leila truly adores her Ma Ma so I am sure they will have an amazing time.

Till tomorrow friends!

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." - Bernice Johnson Reagon

XOXO,
Miller

2 comments:

Colleen said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you went out!

BOO!!!!!!!!! Stop hanging out with people from Alaska who like Sarah Palin!

XOXO

One would think we would talk more too!

Karissa said...

I knew the mention of Sarah Palin would prompt a response from you!!! You make me smile :)

3hr time difference!! Everytime I think to call...it's your kids' dinner time :(