Saturday, September 19, 2009

So excited...

To have gotten a new camera for my birthday!! Thanks to my hubby and beautiful kids, I now am the proud owner of a Canon Rebel!! I have felt totally naked the last month without a camera!! Thank you loves, for the best gift ever!!

There is one little problem. I have NO idea what the heck I am doing!! We went to the Balloon Glow last night and it was B..A..D! None of the pictures were turning out, and some looked down right crazy!! This is to be expected though. I had a much better time at Malakai's soccer game this morning.

I am reading the manual, but I feel like it talks to me like I should already know what all the photo jargon means. Does anyone know of a good manual/book for total beginners?! And I mean TOTAL beginner! I don't want to do fancy stuff, I just want to be able to take nice pictures of my kiddos :)

Here are a few from this morning...





Sorry for the lack of T on T this week! This seemed to be an even crazier week than usual! I plan to get back on track here soon. I hope everyone is doing well.
XOXO,
Best thing since I last blogged: Malakai came home from school reciting the Lords Prayer in SPANISH!! It's amazing what kids are learning these days!!
Worst thing since I last blogged: Crazy schedules and trying to keep the synchronized. If anyone has any suggestions...PLEASE let me know! I've tried Calendars, Blue toothing, etc. Nothing works for my dear husband!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I would recommend "How to Photograph your family" - http://www.amazon.com/Photograph-Your-Family-Nick-Kelsh/dp/1556709803 - he has another book too "How to Photograph Your Life". I also like "Camera Angles" but it is a little more in depth.

Too bad we aren't closer, we could have a little lesson - I'd have you up and running in less than an hour! =) Have fun!