Sunday, November 9, 2008

I can do this!


I can go back to work tomorrow! I can't believe the time is here! I am so happy to be returning to the work-force tomorrow, but the anxiety that is coming along with it is so unexpected. Okay, maybe not totally unexpected, but still a little overwhelming. I love working! I don't feel guilty about it at all, which I know some mothers do. I know I am a happier person for personal and financial reasons when I am working. I have always had the mind-set that a mother sets the tone for the ENTIRE house. If mama isn't happy....Nobody is happy!! Working makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am an unhappy person as a SAHM, I just am happier when I'm not. I love my kids and I am comfortable enough with my parenting to not have the guilt that goes along with working outside of the house. Being a SAHM is the HARDEST job I will have ever done. I have so much respect for all my friends who do it. I have been lucky enough to experience having a career and being a SAHM and I will argue till I am blue in the face that staying at home is 100 times harder!

So how do I handle this anxiety that is upon me? I called Carrie and Sarah, the two darlings who are taking over as dual nannies for Ms. Leila and asked them if they could come over this evening so we could go over their four pages of typed instructions. Yes, four pages! 3 pages of her daily schedule and one page of "helpful tips" to keep Leila happy :) I have a notarized emergency contact and medical information sheet with all insurance documentation needed in case of an emergency and notarized to authorize all medical and surgical treatment to be performed or prescribed by her pediatrician. They have strict instructions to NOT call me if they have any questions but to call Josh at work. This is because I will just freak out and it is so much easier for Josh to deal with it since he works literally 30 seconds from our house and has the freedom to leave if needed.

Yes, they think I'm crazy! However, because they and my husband love me dearly, they let me go on with this whole thing like it is perfectly normal. Thank you!

XOXO,
Miller

Best thing since I last blogged: Making a fort with Malakai in his room and hiding from daddy!

Worst thing since I last blogged: It's FREAKING FREEZING!!

2 comments:

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

Good luck today sweets! Everything will be gold!
Working @ home sucks because I am still a SAHM and working on top of that full time gig.....nanny sounds GREAT! hmmmmm wonder if I could talk the hubby into that lol

Sarah McK said...

You'll be great, but I can't believe you still think of yourself as being happier while working after the hell that was last year in RGSD! YUCK! It will be harder now that you're a working girl (we should have done it earlier!), but let's get together! My schedule is VERY flexible....any time, evening or day! Love ya!