Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend Update!

Here it is Tuesday and I'm just now doing a weekend update. Hey! Better late than never, right?

Let me start by saying thank you for those that have called and wondered about our well being with the earthquake the other morning which apparently Fenton was the epicenter of. I would like to say that I felt it dramatically but I would be lying. I can't believe I didn't feel it, I had just layed back down after getting up with Leila, but I guess that just goes to show how tired I really was.

It was a pretty typical weekend here at the Miller household. Josh was off on Friday so we spent the day together as a family. We went to the park and had our first attempt at flying a kite. As you can see, Leila was totally thrilled :)


Malakai, on the other hand, had a ball!




Josh worked all day on Saturday so Malakai, Leila, and I hit the local Whittle Shortline Railroad. For those of you who haven't heard me talk about this amazing place, I hyperlinked it so you could check it out. If you live locally and have never been, I highly recommend it.


Saturday night Josh and I hit the town for a little socialization with other adults. It was definitely good times had by all. Leila is on an evening schedule, so we put Kai down at his normal 7:30 and gave her her last feeding at 9 and we were out the door. No! We didn't leave them by themselves :) My mom is very happy to sit on the couch and watch tv while they both sleep soundly. Leila is consistently giving us a 9:30 to 6 sleep at night so it is very nice.


Sunday, Malakai got to witness me play softball for the first time and he was very confused by it. He is so used to watching his daddy that he didn't know girls could play also. I had a great time and it felt really good to get back on the field again. Josh got a little taste of what I go through since he had both kids to watch over while I played. Thank goodness Aunt Autumn was there to make sure Kai didn't go running onto the field :)
All in all, it was a great weekend! We are still adjusting to being a family of four, but it seems to be going rather well. Malakai is as crazy, wild, and too smart for his own good as ever! I think that just goes along with being 3. Till next time...Miller....Out!


No comments: