Wednesday, November 18, 2009
That are small (some not) that I am VERY excited about with our new house!
1. Just that! It's a HOUSE! Don't get me wrong, I loved our Villa when we bought it, and it is a decent size...for just the two of us. However, we extended our family a little sooner than planned and we are BUSTING out! The fact that we are moving into an actual HOUSE makes me very happy! I'm sure we will have NO problem filling all that extra square footage!
2. A linen closet! OMG! Not having one has been a nightmare!
3. A covered deck...WITH a ceiling fan!
4. A fourth bedroom! Family and friends no longer have to sleep in the partially finished basement/make-shift bedroom.
5. Dual sinks in the master bath. We currently have the a single sink plus vanity space. I could care less about the vanity space, give me a sink that I don't have to share with Josh and I am a very happy girl.
6. Believe it or not, the fact that we get to do yard work! Maintenance free has been nice over the years, but I am looking forward to learning how to do flowers, bushes, etc.
7. For the first time in my entire life, I will get to park in a garage! The 2.5 car garage will fit both cars AND all the ride-on toys our kids have accumulated over the years :)
8. I asked Josh what he is most looking forward to and he said "the future possibilities of building his dream man-cave" The basement is a HUGE walk-out...currently unfinished.
10. Last but not least, from the second I walked in to it, it felt like a home. Not that I don't feel like our house is a home, but I've always had the mindset that we won't be here for a long time, so I haven't let myself fall in love with our current home. When I walked in to this house, I could picture my kiddos growing up in it (unless of course we were fortunate enough to ever be transplanted to KC or Arizona)!
So, here is to moving in the middle of Josh's busiest time at work and in possible sub-zero weather conditions!!