2. I realized this week that there are certain things that I HAVE to buy EVERY time I walk into a store. What are these items? Cookbooks at the checkout line and sippy cups! I buy a cookbook at the check out line EVERY time! It doesn’t matter if I am running into the store for milk, I will buy a cookbook. The same goes for sippy cups. EVERY TIME I walk into a store I buy sippy cups! I guess it is a fear of running out (or not having one clean)! Is this weird?
4. We have had some really crazy summer storms here! Actually the other day we had one during the day, and that night Josh and I noticed that the Umbrella from the furniture on our deck was gone! We looked all over the back and couldn’t find it ANYWHERE. It was dark, so Josh was going to check in the morning. He actually found it back in the woods behind our house and down the way a little bit! Not just stuck in there, but actually WAY in there! That means the wind picked it up out of the table, lifted it OVER our deck and into the woods. WILD!
5. We booked a weekend trip to Branson next weekend. I am pretty excited since I haven’t been there since I was a little girl. So the kids and I are headed to KC this weekend for Kiera’s dance recital, Malakai will stay the whole week, and then my dad, Lisa, Kai, and Kiera will meet us in Branson next weekend. It’s all planned out J
6. I want a new house! Terribly!! I’m sure you guys all get sick of me saying that! Josh and I always have said that we are going to buy a new house summer of 2010. Our house was perfect for us when we built it in 2001 but we have totally out grown it! I’m beginning to think we will NEVER get one. I know it is early, but we just can’t seem to agree on the same things. Who knew that a man would have such opinions! I want big and close to brand new so I will compromise on the area a little bit. He wants one specific area where they won’t be near as big and will be quite a bit older.
House 1 is in Josh’s ideal area. It is about 1500 square feet smaller than House 2. Both these houses are the same price and House 2 is almost brand new! Will we ever come to an agreement or find that perfect place?! We are actually meeting someone to look at House 1 tonight.
7. I’m having a little trouble with Malakai and his Gender Stereotyping. I’m not sure if this is something I should be concerned with or if it is normal and I should just ignore it. It is all about him and daddy and then Leila and mommy. The boys grill, girls don’t. Boys race and girls watch. Everything is boys do it and girls don’t. Any suggestions?