Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I promised myself that I wasn't going to let my T on T be my only post of the week, and look what happened!! I hope to not let it happen again. I really have no excuse other than I'm reading a really good book and choose to read than be on the computer at night.

1. We had a wonderful time in Branson this past weekend. It started a little rough due to a blown out tire on the highway going 80mph. Thank GOD I wasn't driving!! Josh did a great job getting us pulled off the road. It was the rear, driver side tire and there was NO way I was letting him change it on this busy highway. You always here those horror stories about people getting hit while on the side of the road. It was the first time we ever had to use the Road Side Assistance tied in with our insurance and I don't have a single complaint. They had someone there in 15 minutes and the tire changed in 10. We were back on our way.

2. This is the dog's normal position while Leila is eating. I know they continue to do this because when I'm not looking she gives them food. She even tries to be sneaky about it, the little stinker.

3. My car reached a milestone on the way home from Branson. Boy, can I put miles on a car. It's all those trips to KC that do it :)

4. Josh took Leila to the Magic House for some quality daddy/daughter time while Malakai was up in KC. Here is a picture of her and one of Malakai when he was about the same age there also. I can't believe how quickly time flies. It is crazy!!


5. Speaking of Malakai being in KC, he had a BALL!! I'm not sure he even asked for us one time! Every time I called he didn't want to stop what he was doing to talk to me. I don't know how many times I can thank the Lord that my kids have so many people who adore them! Take a look at the Smilebox's that Tutu made for the remainder of his trip. They are so cute!

Days 3 and 4


6. Malakai is officially a flip-flop wearer!! It only took 4 1/2 years for him to get the concept of walking in flip-flops, but he now does it like a champ!! Yay Malakai!!

7. Josh loves White Castle! I HATE it!! However, I got a recipe from a lady at work for something called Whitie Burgers which are supposed to taste like White Castle Burgers with out the greasy, slimy, onions. They were a big hit with my family, so I thought I would share with you guys.



1lb ground beef or turkey
1 package dry onion soup
1/4 block of Velveeta cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Just brown your meat, mix everything in, simmer, and serve on buns
Yum-O!


8. Leila has a new word in her vocabulary...."MINE" I was so careful with Malakai not to use "Mine" in our vocabulary. I obviously have slacked with Leila. Everything Malakai has she tries to take it and says "MINE!"

This is her saying "MINE" and stealing Malakai's fruit snacks!


9. Josh and I have signed up for the first ever MLB All-Star Charity 5K run! We actually started a team! So, anyone interested in running it with us, just click the link and sign-up! When is says to pick a team, select "Skip to my Schu" obviously I picked the name :) The more the merrier!!

10. Last but not least, I love summer reality shows!! It is kind of nice to take a break from my fall dramas and relax with the smut of summer reality. Here are a few that top my list:


So You Think You Can Dance

NYC Prep

Real Housewives of New Jersey

Obsessed

16 and Pregnant

and Long

Those are just a few that earned a Tivo Season Pass :)

XOXO,

6 comments:

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

holy cow , 80mph....go Josh, nice driving skills and I would have called RA also to change the tire, smart lady!
YAY Kai--flip flops for summer!!
Ditto on White Castle-;-)

MINE- to funny.

We need to try Branson I hear great things about it. xoxo

Katie Thomson said...

Kai looks so big walking there with the flip flops on!
I love 16 and Pregnant...it's the new Underage and Engaged! :o) So much better though! I will need to find the stations for some of the others....

Colleen said...

Love 16 and Pregnant, they are just so young and innocent, thinking it will all be fun and games. My friends tell me they could have NEVER had a baby at 24, well I would have DIED with a baby at 16!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I started reading this...maybe from Facebook but I think you may be my long, lost sister! I love all of the shows you are watching and your blog makes me giggle. Just wanted you to know that you have 'trolls' that don't always comment!

Jaime Brunkan

Karissa said...

Nic - I know! The speed limit was 70 so the wasn't going THAT much over...LOL!

Branson is good. I haven't been since I was a little girl so it was kind of a new experience. Lots of stuff for the kids to do, that's for sure!

Kate - Oh how I miss Underage and Engaged!!

Col - Could you imagine?! 16 and prego? I think 24 was the perfect age ;)

Jaime - I love it when my Trolls come out of the closet!! It was only a matter of time we realized we were long, lost sisters! Look at your BFF! We were inseperable back in the day...good company attracts good company :) Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!!

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

I always cruise 75-80 when we travel and getting a flat scares the poo outta me!

PS- LOVE so you think you can dance!