Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I plan to get back to more blogging, other than Ten on Tuesday REAL soon!

2. The B's are gone!! For those of you not aware of what a B is, it is what Leila referred to her binkies as. I hadn't really planned to do it this past Sunday, but we misplaced the LAST one we had lingering and what better time than then?! The first night was fine, however, Monday was a NIGHTMARE! She screamed and cried for it from the second I got home from work at 5:30 and continued for about an hour after she went to bed at 6:45!! It broke my heart! And honestly, if I had one to give her, I probably would have. It just seems so sad, this item that she has depended on for her entire life for comfort has just disappeared. I knew it was time though, and tonight was MUCH better! She didn't even ask for it! Whoo Hoo!!

3. I have a new hobby! I had mentioned before how I have really been getting into DIY projects. Hence the ever growing list of inspiring blogs in my blogroll. I have found so much satisfaction in something getting complimented and me being able to say "I made that!" I will have a future post featuring some of my projects! I'm definitely a beginner, but having a lot of fun learning! I hope to buy a sewing machine REAL soon!! I'm not sure where I will find the time, but I always seem to manage somehow :) Along with scrapbooking!

4. Because of 3, I have a new favorite site! It is called You Can Make This! I have started making Leila hair bows and taught myself from an ebook on this site that cost only 7 dollars! How awesome is that!!! Totally worth the investment, considering I was spending a small fortune on Etsy!! I can't wait to dive in some of their other awesome projects!

5. It has been BLISTERY cold here!! We were finally hit with our first official (I say official because it caused a snowday) snow of the season. I was starting to get jealous that Kansas City was getting all the good stuff and we weren't getting ANY! I wasn't quite expecting snow AND below zero temperatures, but we managed. I even got a few pics of the 5 minutes the kids were allowed outside to enjoy it...4 days AFTER it originally snowed :)






6. Speaking of snow, this is the first time we have EVER had to shovel a driveway!! Our previous house was totally maintenance free, which means we never had to shovel and we never had to do yard work. So when Josh woke up at 6:30am after the snow, looked outside and noticed all the other men were already out shoveling their driveways, he hurried out there. Gotta keep up with the Jones'! He informed me that no man wants to be "That Guy!" on the street :)


7. Menu planning has been going exceptionally well! I've enjoyed the cooking and the kids are even starting to warm up to the idea of eating "different" foods! I can totally see the savings it is giving us. I even made a special trip to a grocery store I don't normally use, but they were running a 10 for $10 sale that you could mix and match with. There happened to be stuff that we use quite a bit. Take a look at all the stuff I got for...wait for it...30 dollars!! Hello!! Not pictured, a case of water :)


8. I am SO loving this season of The Bachelor! I don't really think Jake is the guy he tries to portray, considering he gave the special rose to the first girl that stuck her tongue down his throat, however, these girls are VERY entertaining! Plus I laugh out loud as Josh watches and continuously is saying "Vienna Sausage, just GO HOME!"

9. I received my checks from the Baby Einstein recall! Guess what I'm treating myself to?! The Wii Fit!! I really want The Biggest Loser AND the Jillian Michaels game! Even though I will continue my running since we are doing the St. Louis Half Marathon, I want something fun that will give me something different than just running, without going to the gym. Anyone have any views on either of these?

10. My feet stink! This problem has seemed to come and go through out my life. I'm not gonna lie, they can get funky! Does anyone have any suggestions for this as well? I can't even wear my uggs without Josh making me wash my feet before I get into bed. This is not very fun for me!

XOXO,

2 comments:

Colleen said...

This post made me laugh-what did the Jones' think of you taking a pic of Josh shoveling, it made me smile!

WEAR SOCKS! If you are, then sister, you need to just wash your feet because I am with Josh, they smell!

Have you read any spoilers about the Bachelor?????????

YAY for no more Bs!

Oooh, and skip the Wii Fit, get EA Active, SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!

Heather said...

SOOOO funny!!I could never picture my brother shoveling a driveway at 6:30 in the morning!! You have him trained well!!

I LOOOOVE the Bachelor as well. I found it hilarious that everyone on the show was pulling out the "FAKE TEARS" when Roselyn hooked up with one of the "STAFFERS"!! Have you ever heard someone say STAFFERS?!?!?!?

When is the 1/2 marathon? I may need to come visit you all and run with you. It feels like FOREVER since I have been back to MO.

Love you all!!