I always want to lose weight, I always want to budget better, I always want to "live life to the fullest," take more time for the little things in life, drink more water, spend more time at the gym, cook more....blah, blah, blah! While I am FAR from perfect on the items listed above...these are the items I have worked on for several years and will never be perfect. That's not to say they aren't a part of my every day life, because they are, but this year....this year, I'm trying something different......GOALS! Something measurable at the end of the year. Did you see that Modern Family Episode where Phil vowed to walk the distance to Canada on his elliptical? That could totally be me....I could very well be squeezing all of these in in December of 2014!
Goal 1 - Take more pictures....and DO something with them! I'm not exactly sure what the "doing" will be, but I will figure it out. Even if it is just having them digitally organized. I would love to scrap....scrapping makes me happy. Maybe a layout a month is a good goal. OMG! That would mean my kids would have 4 layouts a piece by the end of the year....I will have a lot of catching up to do when I am an empty nester!
Goal 2 - End 2014 with at least one blog per month. Blogging makes me happy. I should do it more often. It truly clears the mechanism....
Goal 3 - Go to Disney World. We talk about it all the time...we just need to DO it! Some of you might find this hard to believe, but I have a difficult time pulling the trigger on things like this...it really is strange. Look how little my Malakai was last time we went!!
Goal 4 - Go on a All-Inclusive Getaway with just Josh. Some place warm, with a pool I can lay in and still hear the ocean, with lots of umbrella filled drinks, a room with a huge bed filled with down pillows and blankets that has an ocean view lanai, and the doors to the lanai can be open 24/7.
Goal 5 - Pinterest Goals - I stole this cute idea from pinterest......
- A bad habit I'm going to break - Yelling at people while driving
- A new skill I'd like to learn - Sewing....more than just the basics
- A person I hope to be more like - Josh....he is so calm, cool, and collected
- A good deed I am going to do - Donate time to Feed My People
- A place I like to visit - See 3 and 4 above
- A book I'd like to read - "The Power of a Positive No" I just got it for Christmas
- A letter I'm going to write - A letter to each one of my children
- I'm going to do better at - Delegating...and being okay with it.