Thursday, January 22, 2009

Biggest Loser Update!




The contest has officially been started! As most of you know, I started my diet December 1st with a couple weeks off there for the holiday ;) However, at work, The Biggest Loser contest started on January 08th! The rules go a little something like this. It cost $5 for the very first weigh in. You weigh in every Thursday after that for 12 weeks and it cost $1 every time you weigh in. If your weight stays the same you pay another dollar. If you gain, you pay one dollar for every pound gained. At the end of the 12 weeks, whoever has lost the greatest percentage of their weight wins the entire pot of cash. There are 10 of us participating and it has been great fun!!

My results are as follows:

Week 1: lost 4.8lbs

Week 2: lost 3.2lbs


For a grand total of 8lbs in the first two weeks!! I am so excited! I know it is only going to get harder because of the fact that I have added weights into my workout routine and muscle weighs more than fat, but I am totally okay with that! I have totally given up soda and fast food which is a HUGE accomplishment for me! Everyone participating is doing an AWESOME job and it is definitely going to be a close race.

Josh and I have also started training for our half marathon. I am on an 8 week training schedule right now that should have me ready for our 5 mile run on St. Patricks day. I have never been much of a runner and I have learned that it is a whole nother life style. I have always been an elliptical person when it comes to my cardio, and now that I have switched over to the treadmill every muscle in my body aches. It's a great feeling though and I am optimistic that our St. Patty's day run will be successful. Josh is so funny though. Running comes so easy for him, however, he is going to have to really increase his calorie intake or he is going to shrivel up to nothing after all the running he has been doing! Maybe one day I will actually be able to fit in his jeans!! LOL! Not that I would ever wear them, but I know I will have accomplished my goal if I can wear his skinny ass jeans!


On another note, the kids are doing great! Malakai had his four year check up and passed with flying colors. I was surprised to hear that he was 75th percentile for height and weight. I knew he was tall but the kid is a bean pole!! Seriously, every time he tells us he is hungry we jump because it happens so rarely!! If he asks for a second dinner we give it to him. Sometimes I think he would never eat if we didn't make him! I didn't get to go to the appointment but Josh said he was totally showing off by telling the doctor all of his colors in Spanish. He is currently obsessed with race cars and monster trucks and he starts indoor soccer in two weeks. Mommy is definitely looking forward to that since there are SO many less pads to put on and it's not FREEZING cold in there!






Leila is our little BEAST! She eats all the time and looks like a little football player. She is 10 months and wearing 12-18 month clothes which I'm not even sure are going to still fit her when she turns a year if she continues at the rate she is going! My dreams of a little ballerina are slowly fading and I have a feeling she is going to be an athlete just like mommy and daddy. She loves her nannies Carrie and Sarah which makes going to work much easier and she is a sassy diva who already seems to be talking back. Where she gets the diva attitude I have no idea!!

XOXO,
Miller

Best thing since I last blogged: Fitting into jeans that I haven't been able to since before I had Leila!

Worst thing since I last blogged: Caffeine headaches

5 comments:

Heather said...

YOU GO GIRL!! I did a 5 mile run last St.Patty's day (my first race) and had a blast!... Welcome to the world of running.. blisters on your feet... black toenails.. oh yes.. very common... loosing your toenails from running.. I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT ONE YUCK!!!!! You will love the anxiety before the race.. so much fun!! You should come to the beach for our 1/2 marathon in August... Running alongside the ocean makes the pain a little more less painfull with the ocean breeze in your hair! AND it is a great excuse for me to spend time with you all... we can have Jason watch the kids while you Josh and I run in the "Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon" I will find out what big bands are comming to play.. oh yeah.. forgot to mention that.. you get to rock out while you run!!

Autumn said...

I am soo very proud of you!! You are definitely my inspiration!!! Keep up the awesome work, I know you'll get to your goal :)

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

I am VERY proud of you and now that I read this I want to purge my Arby's!
My first FF in about 3 weeks, it was a rough day for me along with PMS, I am WEAK!!!!!!!
xoxo Keep at it sweets

Relizra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Relizra said...

Way to go Karissa. That's awesome that you're doing so well. Makes me want to do better myself. I'm looking forward to the day that I blog about losing my last 10 preggo lbs. Or, maybe I'll wait till I get to my goal of 20 lbs.

In other words, don't hold your breath for that blog. If you do, you may be holding it for quite some time!