Sunday, August 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday


I would say Menu Plan Monday was a semi-success last week!  There were two nights that were impossible to complete the planned dinner, but we rolled with it.

Some notes on last weeks plan:

 I ended up making this amazing Meatloaf on Sunday.  My dad came to town Sunday evening for work, so it was nice to sit down and have a family meal with him.

I would say the Turkey Nachos were the biggest hit!  I made two pans, one for the kids that just consisted of chips, cheese, turkey, and I added beans.  Josh and I's had chips, cheese, turkey, tomatoes, black olives, and jalapenos.  This was SO easy!

The Green Beans, Chicken & Potatoes was a success also!  Again, SO easy and the kids actually ate it.  I cut way back on the butter!

This week the menu consists of....

Monday:  Josh works late, and seeing as our diets don't like us to eat so late, he is usually on his own, or will take Sunday Leftovers.  I let the kids pick Monday Menu since it is just usually them eating.  I will sit with them but will make myself a salad.

Crescent Cheese Dogs
Shells and Cheese
Salad





Tuesday:  Our only evening without an activity!

Bacon Bow Tie Pasta
Garlic Cheese Bread
Salad


I am going with the "light" version which uses Turkey Bacon, reduced fat cream cheese, and reduced fat milk.





Wednesday:  Soccer AND Curriculum Night = Crockpot Meal!!

Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Corn on the Cob

We will be shredding and eating as sandwiches.








Thursday:  Gymnastics and Baseball Night!  I plan to have the "Breakfast for Dinner" that I did not get to last week :)


French Toast Bake










Friday:  Too much going on for there to be a plan for Friday!

I hope everyone has a great week!  If you try any of these recipes, please feel free to share your feedback in the comments section!

XOXO,
Karissa

1 comment:

anosh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.